IT Professionals, IT Operational Staff, Business Managers, and Business Process Owners.
The candidate must hold (photocopy required) one of the following:
- v3 ITIL® Foundation Certificate
- v2 ITIL® Foundation Certificate and the v2-v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
The candidate should also have some experience working within a Service Management capacity as well as defined experience in at least one of the RCV processes. It is also strongly recommended that the candidate read the ITIL® Service Lifecycle core publications, specifically the Service Transition and Service Operation volumes, prior to attending.
This 5-day Release, Control & Validation (RCV) course provides you with an intense and focused exploration of the new and modified topics in ITIL v3. The course is intended for those who work within a service-oriented environment and require a deeper understanding of the concepts, processes and activities involved in transitioning services and how they may be used to enhance overall service quality and service provision, as well as contribute to the organization’s continual improvement activities.
The Release, Control & Validation course focuses on the process activities and interrelationships. This course has a number of study units with practical application to reinforce the knowledge gained. These include:
- The Service Lifecycle and Service Management as a practice: Understand the Service Lifecycle and the objectives and business value for each phase in the lifecycle; understand and articulate service" and be able to explain the concept of Service Management as a practice
- Basic Release, Control & Validation Principles: Understand the common Service Transition (ST) / Service Operation (SO) principles and guidelines that will influence the performance of the RCV processes
- Release, Control & Validation Processes: Understand and articulate the activities of the RCV processes. Other areas of discussion include information management requirements, challenges, critical success factors and risks within each of the processes. The processes include:
- Change Management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Service Validation & Testing
- Service Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
Note: in-depth discussions around the managerial/supervisory aspects of each process is found in the Service Transition and Service Operation courses
- Explore Technology and Implementation Considerations: Understand the role of technology in support of RCV processes and explore concepts that have great impact on their implementation
This course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL® v3 Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Release, Control & Validation of services and service delivery. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle.
The emphasis of this course is on the process activities, their measurement, the interrelationships and roles and responsibilities.