Expressing yourself with conviction
Employees at all levels and from all areas.
There are very strong links between assertiveness and self confidence. How you see yourself is closely related to how you present yourself. Being able to communicate assertively and confidently is not only a requirement for success in the workplace, it will also bring you more meaningful relationships outside of the workplace. This two day workshop will improve your ability to communicate with others at all levels of the organization, express your ideas, opinions and feelings with conviction. It will also help you accept that not all of your assertive messages will be well accepted and have the self confidence to manage those situations.
What Is Assertiveness And Why It Can Be Difficult
- Self defeating mind sets
- Your rights and obligations
- Setting limits
- When are you assertive
- What are your challenges
- Overcome self defeating mind sets
- Moving from fear based to evidence based decisions
- Building upon success
- Techniques for overcoming fear and anxiety
- Becoming stress aware
Managing Your Expectations
- Rules for living
- Mind sets that are enhancing and self defeating
- Shutting down your editor
Dealing with Guilt
- Recognizing guilt as an optional emotion
- Know where guilt comes from
- Identifying guilt as your own manipulator
- Replacing guilt with regret
- Why we call it the present
- Shifting focus to what you have
- Perception as reality
Increasing Your Assertive Muscle
- How to say what you mean, mean what you say and not say it mean
- Adding impact to your messages
- Adding feeling to your message
Dealing with Criticism
- Accepting criticism
- Deflection techniques
- How to criticize others
Make strong assertive messages
- learn how to set limits
- how to set consequences
- how to follow through in difficult situations
- how to express anger and frustration;
Create Personal Action Plans
- Identify situations or individuals that you want to get better at dealing with
- Set the outcomes that you want to achieve
- Work towards resolutions that are in your interest
- Take personal responsibility for implementing change
- Continuously work towards improving your self confidence
The instructor was very thorough and had a good sense of humor."
"Outstanding! Phenomenal! Left me wanting more! Need to clone the instructor, shrink her to fit in my pockets and carry her around with me!!"
"The instructor is exceptional and I would be very eager to take other courses with her. The content is very applicable and I will definitely use the skills that I have learned."
"I loved the style of [the instructor] and would be interested in knowing what other courses she offers."
"It was all great! the instructor is an amazing teacher. I hope I have the opportunity to be taught by her again."
"This course was absolutely incredible, I am so happy I did this! The instructor is amazing!"
"The instructor made the workshop very warm, personal and interesting."
"This was a great course and the instructor was fabulous."
"The instructor was hilarious. Most importantly, she is credible and convincing."